Reducing Plastic Waste
Be an EcoWarrior and craft for good!
Tote bags, reusable bottles, shampoo bars, no straws...find out what you can do!
Let's help our oceans and save the fishies! Making a even a few small chnages to your day to day routine will be a huge aid to the environment! Becasue let's face it little steps are better than no steps right?!
The scary truth is that every piece of plastic that has ever existed will always exist. However, by changing your habits does make a difference! And when you factor in that there are lots of like-minded people making the same positive changes as you, to reduce the plastic waste they are creating, you can see that together we can make a massive difference for the better.
One of the most heart-breaking results of our lazy and convenience based lifestyles is that, It is estimated that plastic kills over 100,000 marine animals and 1 million marine birds a year. Is that really worth the effort saved by using single use plastics?
Some of these plastic waste facts from "The world counts" organisation, might surprise you:
- In the North Pacific Ocean, there are 6x more plastic debris than plankton. They are causing deaths to ur marine animals who mistake them for food.
- We have an island in the middle of the North Pacific Gyre, the Great Pacific Garbage Patch – which is mostly composed of plastic. It’s the size of India, Europe and Mexico combined.
- 10% of the plastic we use yearly end up in the ocean. That’s equivalent to 700 billion plastic bottles!
- Recycling one ton of plastic saves the equivalent of 1,000 to 2,000 gallons of gasoline. One ton of plastic is around 25,000 plastic bottles.
- The production of plastic uses around 8% of the world’s oil production.
- 90% of the trash floating in our oceans is made of plastic, around 46,000 pieces per square mile.
- Plastic is made from petroleum.
- Some of the components used to make plastic like phthalates and bisphenol A are harmful to our health.
So What can we do?....Well these are my TOP 3 personal favourite "no-plastic' life hacks!
Idea 1 Re-useable Drinks Bottle: Purchase Here!
I don't know about you...but I think these bottles are gorgeous! I always want to stay hydrated, so having a re-fillable bottle is essential. And personalising it...well that is just so much fun.
Idea 2 Bag for life : Get Your Hands on them!
Having a bag that is both helping to cut down on plastic & looks fabulous, is one of my favourite things! SO....Perfect for taking to the shops
Idea 3 No-plastic bottle hair bars! : Check them out
I am loving my new Shampoo and conditioner routine! (Plus I have super long and thick hair and this stuff lasts for 80-100 washes!!!)
There are so many ways you can help!
...these are my favourite lifestyle changes, but you can do so much more! From saying no to plastic bags and straws, to making your own alternatives! Always try to be more #plasticaware and your oceans will thank you!
Let's all do everything we can to reduce them amount of plastic we use each day.
!! If there is just one thing you can do...Promote the reduction of plastic bags !!!
Always think #bagsforlife
Reuasble straws !!